Friday, December 14, 2012

Muchisimas gracias

A great many thanks for your donations to the latrine project. My fundraising goal has been reached in a shorter time than I expected (less than two weeks)!  The next steps are to meet with the organizing committee here, and to get people to dig their latrine holes by a target date. I've been visiting the enrolled families to discuss latrine location and other details.  I hope to organize delivery of materials for February, after some events I'm really looking forward to: Ken comes for a visit at the beginning of January and Mom and Dad at the end of January!

While I cannot accept donations for this project beyond the goal, I will certainly update you if I work on other efforts that need financial support in the future.  If you were considering donating but weren't able to, other Peace Corps volunteers in Panama are working on similar projects to improve rural water and sanitation systems, and I may be able to inform you when they are fund-raising.

No comments:

Post a Comment